Core Multi-Vita™ is an advanced, therapeutically dosed vitamin, mineral, antioxidant and enzyme formula designed specifically to meet the nutritional demands of athletes in training and fill micronutrient gaps left by an inadequate diet. Core Multi-Vitagoes far beyond the minimum Recommended Daily Intake (RDI), to support optimal nutritional balance and peak physical and mental performance for hardcore athletes and fitness enthusiasts alike. Vitamins and minerals play critical roles in hundreds of bodily functions. Core Multi-Vita acts as a foundation for those nutritional needs and ensures that all the vital micro-nutrients and co-factors are available at the crucial times your body needs to perform optimally.
Ingredient Profile :
VITAMIN AND MINERAL COMPLEX:\
Vitamin A – Improves resistance to infection and assist in the growth and repair of body tissues, including muscle.
Vitamin C – Offers multiple antioxidant benefits, boosts immune health, and enhances collagen formation. Vitamin C has also been shown to increase fat loss and nitric oxide production.
Vitamin D – Promotes calcium absorption in the gut and maintains adequate serum calcium and phosphate concentrations to enable normal mineralization of bone and to prevent hypocalcemic tetany. Vitamin D has other roles in the body, including modulation of cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function, and reduction of inflammation
Vitamin E – May decrease levels of creatine kinase and malondialdehyde, markers of mechanical and oxidative muscle damage. Hence vitamin E is critical for muscle recovery.
Vitamin K – Best known for its role in helping blood clot, or coagulate, properly. Vitamin K also plays an important role in bone health.
Thiamin – Involved in many body functions, including nervous system and muscle function, the flow of electrolytes in and out of nerve and muscle cells, digestion, and carbohydrate metabolism.
Riboflavin – In addition to producing energy for the body, riboflavin works as an antioxidant, fighting damaging particles in the body known as free radicals.
Niacin – Helps the body make various sex and stress-related hormones in the adrenal glands and other parts of the body. Niacin helps improve circulation, and it has been shown to suppress inflammation.
Vitamin B-6 – Helps the body make several neurotransmitters, chemicals that carry signals from one nerve cell to another. It is needed for normal brain development and function, and helps the body make the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which influence mood, and melatonin, which helps regulate the body clock.
Vitamin B12 – Maintains healthy nerve cells, and helps in the production of DNA and RNA, the body’s genetic material. Vitamin B12 works closely with folate to help make red blood cells and to help iron work better in the body.
Biotin – Metabolizes carbohydrates, fats and amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
Pantothenic Acid – Assists in the production of red blood cells, as well as sex and stress-related hormones produced in the adrenal glands. Pantothenic acid is also important in maintaining a healthy digestive tract, and it helps the body use other vitamins, particularly riboflavin.
Folate – Crucial for proper brain function and plays an important role in mental and emotional health.
Boron – Assists in maintaining healthy bones and mental function. Research also suggests boron can increase levels of free testosterone.
Calcium – Critical in the maintenance of bone and protecting the skeleton from degradation. Calcium is also need for muscle contractions to occur.
Phosphorus – Required for every cell in the body to function properly. Also, involved in energy production from ATP and creatine phosphate.
Iodine – Critical for maintaining the health of the thyroid, a gland that secretes hormones that regulate growth and development.
Magnesium – Involved in more than 300 essential metabolic reactions including those involving the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
Zinc – Involved in cell signaling and therefore, can release hormones and aid in nerve conduction.
Selenium – Works as an antioxidant, especially when combined with vitamin E. Antioxidants like selenium help fight damaging particles in the body known as free radicals. Evidence suggests that selenium may also be critical for muscle strength.
Copper – Necessary for the proper growth, development, and maintenance of bone, connective tissue, brain, heart, and many other body organs. Copper may also increase growth hormone production.
Manganese – Involved in the production of testosterone and the formation of connective tissue.
Chromium – Essential mineral that must be obtained through diet or supplementation. Chromium is involved in glucose metabolism by enhancing the function of insulin.
ENERGY AND FOCUS COMPLEX:
L-Tyrosine helps to activate metabolic pathways that produce the hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine – which are typically produced during moments of stress on the body and provide a boost in the terms of a “fight or flight” scenario.
• Epinephrine and norepinephrine are depleted quickly during these moments of stress due to a lack of L-Tyrosine.
• The addition of this amino acid to Multi-Vita will help give you an extra PUSH and can make a big difference to help you FIGHT through your workouts and plateaus.
• Hoffman et al. (2010) research results indicate that acute ingestion of supplement including L-tyrosine and anhydrous caffeine, can maintain reaction time, and subjective feelings of focus and alertness to both visual and auditory stimuli in healthy college students following exhaustive exercise.
Choline Complex (CDP Choline/Choline Bitartrate):
Choline is an essential nutrient for brain health and synaptic plasticity.
• Choline improves structural integrity, signaling capacity and the fluidity of neural membranes. It’s estimated that close to 90% of the population does not get the recommended amount of choline daily.
• It has been shown that a dose of 500mg of Choline can boost focus, mood and concentration abilities.
• This is tantamount to pushing through your workout. Utilizing this effectively dosed compound, you will be able to focus on taking less rest or being distracted during you training. Giving your 110% will really be your 110%.
• A study conducted by Sun et al. (1999) reported that subjects who supplemented with choline for 4 weeks improved learning performance and memory compared to a placebo group.
Dicaffeine malate is a stimulant that contains both caffeine and malic acid.
• The malic acid helps calm the digestive effects of caffeine.
• Malic acid is also thought to replenish the energy produced by the caffeine.
Low concentrations of MSM in our bodies have been linked with unspecified complaints of fatigue, depression, high sensitivity to physical and psychological stress, and with many degenerative diseases.
Green Tea Extract:
Green Tea is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants
Alpha Lipoic Acid:
Many of the benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid is from its’ anti-oxidant properties and the associated ability to fight free radicals and regenerate other anti-oxidants.
Coenzyme Q-10 is produced by the human body and is necessary for the basic functioning of cells.
• CoQ10 can reduce the damage oxidized Low-density Lipoprotein (LDL) can do to blood vessels, as well as reduce plaque buildup in the arteries.
• CoQ10 may able to reduce exercise induced muscle damage. Kon et al. (2008) found individuals supplementing with CoQ10 daily were able to reduce muscular damage associated with exercise and reduce increases in injury related biomarkers (creatine kinase, myoglobin, leukocytes).
Pycnogenol has been shown to be a more effective antioxidant than either vitamin C or vitamin E, because it is so easily absorbed in the bloodstream (absorption takes only 20 minutes) and works for up to 72 hours.
• It also works with vitamin C to help the body recycle vitamin E, and is one the few antioxidants that can cross the blood-brain barrier to help protect brain tissue.
• Because Pycnogenol is such an effective free-radical neutralizer, it is thought to help regenerate systems that generally break down with age, thus improving immune resistance, vision, brain function, and skin elasticity.
• It may also protect cellular DNA from the oxidative damage and cell mutations that can lead to cancer.
Grape Seed Extract:
The polyphenols in grape seeds make them a highly potent antioxidant and protect the body against oxidative and free radical damage.
• Scientific studies show that the antioxidant power of grape seed extract is 20 times more powerful than vitamin E and 50 times greater than vitamin C.
Saw Palmetto Extract:
Contain compounds that may reduce inflammation and strengthen the immune systems.
A carotenoid antioxidant that is most well-known for protecting eye health.
• Lutein also has potent anti-inflammatory benefits.
Piperine can attenuate free radicals and reactive oxygen species and has been shown to protect against oxidative damage.
ADVANCED ENZYME BLEND:
Protease helps aid in protein digestion and absorption by breaking it down into amino acids, the building blocks of muscle tissue.
Amylase is an enzyme that is made in the pancreas and salivary glands that aids in the digestion of carbohydrates.
• As a digestive enzyme Amylase acts on the starches found in food, breaking them down into smaller, more digestible carbohydrate molecules which end up as glucose (energy) in the body.
Lipase is a digestive enzyme produced in the liver that breaks down dietary fats into the smaller, more absorbable molecules glycerol and fatty acids.
• In a small clinical study of 18 people, supplements containing lipase and other pancreatic enzymes helped reduce bloating, gas, and fullness following a high-fat meal.
Cellulase in an enzyme that is responsible for breaking down the plant material and fiber found in food.
• Due to the fibrous cells walls of some plant based food the body is not able to breakdown and utilize the beneficial nutrients found in them.
• Cellulase aids in the breakdown of these cells walls; improving the body’s ability to absorb the nutrients found in them.
Lactase is an enzyme found in the small intestine, liver, and kidney that catalyze the breakdown of lactose (milk sugar) into the simple sugars glucose and galactose.
• Lactase is commonly used to help people who have trouble digesting milk and other dairy products.
Betaine HCL is a source of hydrochloric acid that can be used to increase levels of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
• This helps activate pepsin, a digestive enzyme that assists with protein digestion by breaking it down into smaller, more easily absorbed amino acids.